1.) Halo 5: Guardians (XBO)
2.) NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
3.) Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4, XBO)
4.) Madden NFL 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
5.) WWE 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
6.) FIFA 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
7.) Destiny: The Taken King (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
8.) Yoshi's Wooly World (NWU)
9.) Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
10.) Rock Band 4 (XBO, PS4)
October 2015 NPD: Halo 5 leads gaming to $805M month
Halo is still huge.
American consumers spent $805.9 million on new game-related software and hardware at retailers last month, according to industry-tracking firm The NPD Group. That was up 2 percent compared to $788.7 million in October 2014. Hardware and software were down, but it was accessories that ensured the industry saw what little growth it did.
The accessories category, which now includes interactive toys like Amiibo and Skylanders as well as plastic Rock Band guitars, was up 18 percent to $197 million. That’s compared to $168.2 million during the same period of last year. That buoyed software, which was down 3 percent from $349.4 million to $337.7 million, and hardware, which was essentially even year-over-year from $271.1 to $270.3 million.
But, as always, those comparisons are much more complex than they first appear. Home console sales were up 3 percent, but it was 3DS and Vita sales that dragged down the total. That’s because last October saw the release of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, and that game moved a significant amount of portable hardware for Nintendo. And the general health of hardware sales looks even healthier if you discount the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii.
We’ll break this info down further, but first it’s important to remember that the NPD Group does not include digital downloads or used games in its reporting. It only tracks new games sold at U.S. retailers. That means mobile and a huge chunk of GameStop’s business does not contribute to this data. With that in mind, it’s best to treat this information as a snapshot of a much larger and more dynamic market.
October was interesting.
Halo 5 was the biggest new release by far, and it delivered. It was No. 1, which is always impressive for a single-system release.
But Halo wasn’t really enough to turn October into a $1 billion month like September. That’s because, other than Halo, the remaining new releases were relatively unimpressive.
“New physical video game software sales decreased by 3 percent from October 2014,” NPD analyst Liam Callahan said in a statement. “With trends mirroring hardware as console game sales were offset by a 42 percent decline in portable game sales.”
That’s the Smash effect in play once again.
To continue the trend, all of the growth is happening on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
“ generation of consoles had a strong month with 62 percent growth over October 2014, while last-generation console sales dropped by 63 percent,” said Callahan. “That’s higher than the year-to-date decrease in sales of 51 percent.”
Players are fleeing the last gen. And Microsoft clearly benefited from that as it appears at least some Xbox 360 owners are jumping to the Xbox One for the new Halo.
That last point is true. While Xbox One outsold PS4 in October in the U.S., Sony’s system still has a huge lead — although it’s worth pointing out that last generation, when the 360 dominated, PlayStation 3 never had months where a big game would help it outsell Microsoft’s hardware.
That doesn’t speak to the weaknesses of either system, but it does say something about their strengths. PlayStation 4 is the fastest-selling system ever, yet Microsoft is capable of eking out a win every once in a while because the Xbox One is also selling well.
Finally, NPD’s Callahan provides a little more color on the state of the current generation of consoles.
The Xbox One was the top-selling console.
This isn’t too surprising other than the fact that PlayStation 4 seems to so easily win this battle each month. But Halo — and possibly Rock Band — were enough to push Microsoft’s system ahead.
“Console hardware sales increased by 3 percent over October 2014,” he said. “This was due entirely to generation sales, which rose by 12 percent to offset the 66 percent decrease in hardware sales for last generation consoles.”
E sad, ono što je mene iznenadilo ( a i mnoge ) je poprilično slaba hardverska i softverska prodaja uz neka iznenađenja.
Prvo ukratko, pa onda malo poduže :
- Xbone najbolje prodavana konzola, PS4 vodeći u prodaji softvera
- Halo 5 nije uspio pogurati Xbone konzole niti se Halo 5 prodao u bajnim brojkama.
- PS4 se sa dugoočekivanim padom cijene nije uspio prodati u velikim brojkama.
Ajmo sad :
- Halo 5 ( ono što sam i govorio u PAL temama iako mi neki nisu verovali i mislili da serem ) je dosad najslabije prodavani Halo i to poprilično. Pad prodaje naspram prijašnjih Haloa je oko 60%. Jaki naslovi se u prvih par dana se prodaju u milijunima ( ko i Halo prije ), no Halo 5 to nije uspio. Nakon onog famoznog MS-ovo PR spina o 400 milja $ prihoda od Halo-a, mnogi su čitali između redaka da nešto nije u redu. I ispostavilo se točno. Halo 5 ( iako je imao samo 5 dana praćenja što je dovoljno za milijunsku prodaju ) se prodao ( uključujući bundleove ) u 935k primjeraka u US. Sa digitalijom prodaja se može još dodati 20-25% kolko je prosječna prodaja digitalije i to kod većih naslova. Titanfall se više prodao sa bitno manjom bazom korisnika. Halo 3 sa manjom bazom korisnika se prodao u 3.3 milje u prvom tjednu. Što je pošlo po zlu da se Halo 5 tako malo prodao? 343i sigurno nije voljen ko Bungie. Čini se da je 343i ozbiljno naštetio Halo imenu počevši od Halo 4.
Halo 3- 527.8K X360
Halo 4- 1260K X360
- Sony, iako je dobro pogodio sa padom cijene za PS4 globalno ( početak 10-og mj. 349$/349€ ), u US to se nije odrazilo baš na dobru prodaju, tj. prilično slabo. Čini se da se mnogi pripremaju za Black Friday ( 299$ ) i za Star Wars Battlefront ( koji će također biti u ponudi za Black Friday ). Čitajući izjave nekih trgovaca iz Best Buya i Gamestopa na GAF-u, Star Wars će biti čudo. Veoma velik broj prednarudžbi za PS4 bundle. Sony je isporučio SW bundleove u velikom broju. COD BO3 bundleovi su isto dobro prošli.
- Assassins Creed se slabo prodao. U nekih 390k. Zbilja malo. Očigledno je da Assassin's Creed treba malo pauze uzeti. Unity je napravio svoje. Iako Syndicate nije tolko bugovit ko Unity prije, sav negativan utjecaj od Unitya se prenio na Syndicate.
- Uncharted : Nathan Drake Collection se prodao u nešto više od 300k ( uključujući bundle ). A remaster ko remaster. Nije puno prodano, ali razumno. Jedan od glavnih bundleova za Black Friday.
- FIFA 16 i Madden 16, svaka po ispod 300k
- MGS V brzo pao u zaborav. Kojima...jebga!
- Tokom objave službenih NPD rezultata jučer, Bethesda je objavila vijest kako se fenomen zvan Fallout 4 u samo jedan dan isporučio u 12 milja primjeraka ( 7 milja više od Skyrima za isto vrijeme ). Samo za PC u jedan dan prodano je preko 1.2 milja kopija ( Steam ). Iako je igra prilično bugovita.
PS4 - ~276 LTD +9.30mil.
XB1 - ~305K LTD +8.4mil.
WIU - ~65K LTD +4.2 mil.
Microsoft PR :
The strength of the greatest games lineup in Xbox history drove record Xbox Live usage for October and made Xbox One the best-selling console in the U.S. with 81 percent growth compared to October 2014. We saw amazing fan excitement, commercial success and critical acclaim in October for ‘Halo 5: Guardians,’ which was the best-selling game in the U.S., and other Xbox One titles launching earlier this fall, including ‘Forza Motorsport 6,’ ‘Gears of War: Ultimate Edition,’ Harmonix’s ‘Rock Band 4’ and Ubisoft’s ‘Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.’ We also saw incredible reception for the new Xbox Elite Wireless Controller in October, which is now sold out at most retailers and we are working quickly to replenish stock. And October was just the start. Earlier this week ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ and ‘Fallout 4’ launched, today the New Xbox One Experience including backward compatibility launched and many are looking forward to ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ on November 17 – available today exclusively on Xbox One to EA Access members. It’s going to be an amazing holiday for Xbox fans!”
Sony PR :
“We are truly humbled by the success of the PlayStation 4 and look forward to celebrating with our fans at PlayStation Experience in December,” a Sony spokesperson said. “Thank you to our community for making PlayStation 4 the top selling console globally.”